Google Scholar • arXiv • Github • Zhihu
- I am a research scientist in ByteDance Research.
- At ByteDance, I lead research programs on developing next-generation robot techniques and systems to perform intelligent perception, action, and interaction in the real world. I received my Ph.D. from Tsinghua University, advised by Fuchun Sun. I visited the University of Pennsylvania, working with Jianbo Shi. I also spent great internship time at Intel Labs, Microsoft Research Asia and ByteDance. I am the recipient of the CAAI Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Nomination Award 2020, IROS Robotic Grasping and Manipulation Competition Winner Award 2016, and Habitat ObjectNav Challenge Winner Award 2022.
- We are recruiting interns / full-time researchers and engineers in robotics. If you are interested in these positions, please drop me an email.
- [11/2022] We won the first place in Habitat ObjectNav Challenge 2022. Congratulations!
- [10/2022] One paper about reference expression generation and comprehension got accepted by EMNLP 2022.
- [09/2022] One paper about category-level shape and pose estimation got accepted by CoRL 2022.
- [06/2022] We have two papers accepted by IROS 2022, and one paper accepted by RAL. Congratulations!
- [04/2022] Our journal extention of SA-AutoAug got accepted by TPAMI!
- [01/2022] iBOT got accepted by ICLR 2022, setting new SOTAs on ImageNet linear acc (82.3%), fine-tuning acc (87.8%), as well as unsupervised ARI (32.8%)!
Some Publications (Full List)
Navigating to Objects in Unseen Environments by Distance Prediction
Minzhao Zhu, Binglei Zhao, Tao Kong
IROS 2022. (Oral) [Paper]
Our base method to win the Habitat ObjectNav Challenge 2022.
iBOT: Image BERT Pre-Training with Online Tokenizer
Jinghao Zhou*, Chen Wei, Huiyu Wang, Wei Shen, Cihang Xie, Alan Yuille and Tao Kong
ICLR 2022. [Paper][Code]
New SOTAs on ImageNet-1k linear-probing, fine-tuning, as well as unsupervised classification protocols.
SOLOv2: Dynamic and Fast Instance Segmentation
Xinlong Wang*, Rufeng Zhang*, Tao Kong, Lei Li and Chunhua Shen
NeurIPS 2020. [Paper][Code]
SOLO: Segmenting Objects by Locations
Xinlong Wang*, Tao Kong, Chunhua Shen, Yuning Jiang and Lei Li
ECCV 2020. [Project][Paper][Code]
Among the Most Influential ECCV Papers in Google Scholar Metrics
FoveaBox: Beyond Anchor-based Object Detector
Tao Kong, Fuchun Sun, Huaping Liu, Yuning Jiang, Lei Li, Jianbo Shi
IEEE Trans. on Image Processing 2020. [Project][Paper][Code]
ESI Highly Cited Paper (Top 1%)
RON: Reverse Connection with Objectness Prior Networks for Object Detection
Tao Kong, Fuchun Sun, Anbang Yao, Huaping Liu, Yurong Chen, Ming Lu
CVPR 2017. [Paper][Code]
HyperNet: Towards Accurate Region Proposal Generation and Joint Object Detection
Tao Kong, Anbang Yao, Yurong Chen, Fuchun Sun
CVPR 2016. (Spotlight) [Paper]
Among the Most Influential CVPR Papers in Google Scholar Metrics
Honors & Awards
- Habitat ObjectNav Challenge Winner Award 2022
- CAAI Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Nomination Award, 2020
- IROS Robotic Grasping and Manipulation Competition Winner Award 2016
- The CCF Outstanding Undergraduate Award, 2013
- University Young Science Award, 2013
- National Scholarship, 2012/2013
Last update: Nov, 2022