- I am currently a research scientist at ByteDance AI Lab, working closely with Dr. Lei Li.
- I received Ph.D. degree from Tsinghua University under the supervision of Prof. Fuchun Sun. From 2018 to 2019, I visited GRASP Lab of University of Pennsylvania, working with Prof. Jianbo Shi.
- During my Ph.D. study, I did a long-term and happy internship in Intel Labs mentored by Dr. Anbang Yao. Before graduation, I also spent time at MSRA working with Dr. Jifeng Dai and Dr. Han Hu.
- We are recruiting self-motivated interns / full-time researchers and developers in vision / language understanding, and robotics learning.
- [03/2021] Four papers are accepted to CVPR 2021, and DenseCL is selected as the Oral presentation!
- [01/2021] Organizing a tutorial Recent Progress on Visual Object Detection and Segmentation at ICIP 2021.
- [10/2020] My thesis is nominated as the CAAI Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- [09/2020] Our SOLOv2 work is accepted to NeurIPS 2020.
- [07/2020] Our SOLO work is accepted to ECCV 2020.
- [06/2020] Our FoveaBox work is accepted to TIP 2020.
Scale-aware Automatic Augmentation for Object Detection
Yukang Chen, Yanwei Li, Tao Kong, Lu Qi, Ruihang Chu, Lei Li and Jiaya Jia
CVPR 2021. [Paper][Code]
Locate then Segment: A Strong Pipeline for Referring Image Segmentation
Ya Jing, Tao Kong, Wei Wang, Liang Wang, Lei Li and Tieniu Tan
CVPR 2021. [Paper]
Dense Contrastive Learning for Self-Supervised Visual Pre-Training
Xinlong Wang, Rufeng Zhang, Chunhua Shen, Tao Kong and Lei Li
CVPR 2021, Oral. [Paper][Code]
Sparse R-CNN: End-to-End Object Detection with Learnable Proposals
Peize Sun, Rufeng Zhang, Yi Jiang, Tao Kong, Chenfeng Xu, Wei Zhan, Masayoshi Tomizuka, Lei Li, Zehuan Yuan, Changhu Wang, Ping Luo
CVPR 2021. [Paper][Code]
SOLOv2: Dynamic and Fast Instance Segmentation
Xinlong Wang, Rufeng Zhang, Tao Kong, Lei Li and Chunhua Shen
NeurIPS 2020. [Paper][Code]
SOLO: Segmenting Objects by Locations
Xinlong Wang, Tao Kong, Chunhua Shen, Yuning Jiang and Lei Li
ECCV 2020. [Project Page][Paper][Code]
FoveaBox: Beyond Anchor-based Object Detector
Tao Kong, Fuchun Sun, Huaping Liu, Yuning Jiang, Lei Li, Jianbo Shi
TIP 2020. [Project Page][Paper][Code]
Task-Aware Monocular Depth Estimation for 3D Object Detection
Xinlong Wang, Wei Yin, Tao Kong, Yuning Jiang, Lei Li and Chunhua Shen
AAAI 2020, Oral. [Paper][Code]
Feature Pyramid Reconfiguration with Consistent Loss for Object Detection
Tao Kong, Fuchun Sun, Wenbing Huang, Chuanqi Tan, Bin Fang, Huaping Liu
TIP 2019. [Paper]
Zoom-In-to-Check: Boosting Video Interpolation via Instance-level Discrimination
Liangzhe Yuan, Yibo Chen, Hantian Liu, Tao Kong, Jianbo Shi
CVPR 2019. [Paper][Demo]
Deep Feature Pyramid Reconfiguration for Object Detection
Tao Kong, Fuchun Sun, Chuanqi Tan, Huaping Liu, Wenbing Huang
ECCV 2018. [Paper][Poster]
RON: Reverse Connection with Objectness Prior Networks for Object Detection
Tao Kong, Fuchun Sun, Anbang Yao, Huaping Liu, Yurong Chen, Ming Lu
CVPR 2017. [Paper][Code]
HyperNet: Towards Accurate Region Proposal Generation and Joint Object Detection
Tao Kong, Anbang Yao, Yurong Chen, Fuchun Sun
CVPR 2016, Spotlight. [Paper]
Object Discovery and Grasp Detection with A Shared Convolutional Neural Network
Di Guo, Tao Kong, Fuchun Sun, Huaping Liu
ICRA 2016, Oral.[Paper]
The 1st place of 2016 IROS Robotic Grasping and Manipulation Competition!
Honors & Awards
- CAAI Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Nomination Award, 2020
- CSC Scholarship, 2018
- The 1st place of IROS Robotic Grasping and Manipulation Competition, 2016
- Intel Division Recognition Award, 2016
- Outstanding Graduates in Shandong Province and Shandong University, 2014
- CCF Outstanding Undergraduate Award, 2013
- IBM Excellence Scholarship, 2013
- Young Science Award of Shandong University, 2013
- National Scholarship, 2012-2013
Last update: Mar, 2021